Mastering Twitter can be an interesting concept for Real Estate social media marketing, so I have jotted down some key points to think about when adopting Twitter as part of your Social Media strategy. Maximising your reach and understanding the purpose of twitter can help get you on track to tweeting successfully.
Twitter like all social mediums should be looked at from a thought leadership point-of-view. You should use Twitter to help broaden your community reach and share your knowledge as a community member. Most of us have worked, lived and breathed the areas we operate in. When it comes to local property knowledge and even local news you as many of your agents are abreast of key events and activities going on within the community. Use your knowledge to share and comment online and people will inevitably be drawn to your tweeting actions. Just posting the results of the weekend and a property here and there isn’t enough to capture nor captivate your audience – it is the insider knowledge of your area that people living and working there care about.
Here are just a few points to think about.
1. Personality is crucial – it is more important to get individual flair across rather than remaining a “faceless” corporation
2. Create a list of key people in your industry to follow
3. Try using popular #hashtags to increase the number of followers
4. Talk to people directly using their Twitter handles to increase followers
5. Make sure your autosignature has a link to Twitter
6. Write a letter to your clients to proactively announce that you are on Twitter and they may follow you if they are also tweeting
7. While your ultimate aim should be to have more followers than you follow, make an effort to follow relevant people to your community/business and you should be followed back
8. Ask questions when tweeting to encourage engagement
9. Use pictures to bring local news to life
10. Spend around 10 minutes each morning on Twitter (as a rule of thumb)
11. Make sure your Twitter account is linked with your LinkedIn and Facebook account
12. Where possible, try to include links back to your website
13. Do an area search to find who is active on Twitter in your area and make sure you follow and learn from them